Update 1/14/22: We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest!
For more than 30 years, RK&A has served as a premier planning, evaluation, and research firm, supporting hundreds of museums and informal learning organizations. We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our dynamic team. The Project Coordinator will provide administrative and operational support to our team of researchers and play a wide range of roles in both qualitative and quantitative research, focusing on logistics.
RK&A is remote-first with team members distributed along the East Coast (just north and south of Washington, DC). As a small, tight-knit team, we collaborate daily and require flexibility. The Project Coordinator is a remote position; however, we will prioritize applicants who reside in the mid-Atlantic region and especially within the DC-Maryland-Virginia (DMV) area specifically (where the majority of our projects take place) so they can assist with occasional in-person project tasks and participate in special in-person team meetings and retreats. The Project Coordinator is a salaried position of $44,000-$49,000 (commensurate with experience) plus a generous benefits package, including health insurance and 401K. RK&A will provide the necessary equipment to perform job duties (e.g., a computer), to be used for business purposes only.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate across team members and project schedules to keep workflow on track
- Organizational set-up for new projects, including scheduling tasks and communication
- Monitor project timelines (milestones and deliverables), expenses, and equipment
- Take and maintain notes for meetings, workshops, focus groups, interviews, etc.
- Recruit, schedule, coordinate, and distribute incentives for focus groups, interviews, and surveys
- Program surveys, enter and organize data, and assist with data collection management
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative data for analysis
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, and monitoring subcontractors
- Assist with project related paperwork like IRB applications and other permissions
- Proofread reports and other deliverables for accuracy, quality, consistency, and formatting
- Support in-house activities like archiving, marketing, and new business proposal materials
- Support the overall operations of the business with various administrative tasks, as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and organizing large amounts of information across multiple complex projects (e.g., using spreadsheets and project management platforms)
- Attention to detail and able to multi-task, manage, and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with and across project teams
- Excellent capabilities with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience working with data (qualitative and/or quantitative)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Interest in museums and/or informal education
- A quiet and appropriate work environment during the workday
Other desirable qualifications/interests include:
- Have an interest in applied research
- Experience with Survey Monkey (or other similar online survey platform), Google Workspace, OneDrive, Canva, Asana, or SPSS (or other statistical software)
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish or Arabic is a plus)
- Website maintenance experience
Come as you are. RK&A is building towards a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable working environment. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! Applications will be evaluated with an initial anonymized review (removing name, education affiliations, etc.) aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates and mitigating unconscious biases in our hiring practices. Please read the application instructions below closely.
All applicants should submit a brief PDF cover letter and a PDF resume included as an attachment (please include Project Coordinator in the file names). We will be using an initial anonymized review process for applications. As such, please follow these instructions for your cover letter and resume:
- Do not include your name or pictures on your cover letter or resume
- Indicate your degree level and content area, but please remove any undergraduate and graduate school names.
- Generalize company or organization names in your work history (e.g., retail company, history museum, non-profit organization, restaurant) rather than naming specific companies or organizations. We are more interested in learning about your job skills and responsibilities than where you worked.
- No references are required at this time.
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, with plans to hire this position in February of 2022.